On Congress Park & being your authentic self
1. What neighborhood do you live in?
I live in Congress Park. Hooray!
2. Why did you choose Congress Park?
As a Denver native, I’ve made it my mission to live in several Denver areas so as to maximize my experience. I’ve lived in Wash Park, the Cole neighborhood, Capitol Hill, and even West Colfax. But alas, my heart has found its favorite Denver home in Congress Park. I don’t know if I can say I chose Congress Park or if it chose me. I knew I wanted to live within walking/biking distance to the park and to Ideas By Nature‘a Cap Hill office (my workplace). I also knew I wanted to be close to coffee shops, happy hour stops, art/shows/entertainment and just plain good people. Basically, I wanted it all. After a couple days browsing the Internet for my next landing spot, a beautiful old centurion home in Congress Park beckoned to me. “Rent me, Lexi, rent me,” it said. And so rent it I did. My dog, Hector, and I absolutely love living in Congress Park. Everything you need is within walking distance and everyone who lives in Congress Park is awesome. I highly recommend CP!
3. What are some of your favorite local spots?
My favorite places in Denver are the Denver Bouldering Club at 2nd in Bryant (best indoor climbing in Denver, hands down), Mezcal at Colfax and Adams (atmosphere, margaritas, and three different salsas… yummmm), and City Park (there’s always something fun happening at City Park — from Jazz in the Park, to hacky-sackers, to cute dog-walkers, to volleyball with friends, and more).
P.S. We love your vibe! What inspires your style?
Aww, thanks! My style is influenced by two main factors:
- Growing up, my grandpa always told me, “If you can’t have any fun, go jump in the trash can.” Taking his words to heart, I try not to take myself too seriously.
- I firmly believe that being your true authentic self in all aspects of life will yield the best results for you and everyone around you. Period. Me being my true authentic self means wearing lots of bright colors, crazy patterns, funky jewelry, and rocking my tattoos proudly 🙂
I love Denver! Go Denver Vibe!