Meet Batya Stepelman | Owner of WallTawk
Can Tell us a bit about your back story leading to where you are now with WallTawk?
What are some of your favorite projects in Denver you have done?
Most of the projects I work on are residential, but I have been involved in great commercial projects too. I’ve placed paper in restaurants, bars, hair salons, and a bowling alley. There’s a very exciting project coming up at the end of 2022, but I can’t reveal any more about that one just yet!
Most recently, I had the great privilege of collaborating with Nora Hoffman (Unum Collaborative) and Niki Haberberger (owner and stylist) on the new Peleet concept based in the Golden Triangle. The story board behind the salon’s design was organic, so we used Wall Covering in customer scales that included quartz crystals, geodes and vines; it came out beautifully!
Tell us about the historic home your business is located in? Why did you choose Congress Park for your business?
Are you from Denver?
I’m originally from NYC. We moved to Colorado in 2011, so I’m not a native but I have been here for quite a few years!
How can people hire you to make their Wallpaper Dreams come true?
- Having a few images, along with a color, pattern and budget preference, if applicable, can help get the ball rolling.
- I post inspiration photos, process images, new samples and completed installations on IG, and I can be reached on that platform via DM as well.
- I hold virtual and off-site appointments by request, and in-person sessions, by appointment only, Monday-Friday.
- If clients know what they want, and the paper is one of my brands, then I can process orders and no appointments are necessary!
- If interior design firms want a presentation, those are available too.
What accomplishments from the past year are you most proud of?
What do you love about Denver? How would you describe the “Vibe” of Denver?
What are your favorite local Denver businesses?
- Design, decor and lighting: Homebody, Mod Livin, Modern Nomad and Studio Como.
- Candles: Rosy Rings.
- Food: Pretty much every Ethiopian restaurant on Colfax, Shaya, Brasserie Brixton, Ash’Kara, Q-House, Fruition (for special occasions), Thai Flavor (Aurora), along with Somebody People and Vital Root for vegetarian fare (I’ve been a vegetarian for 36 years!).
- Ice cream: I love Smith & Canon.
- Where could I spend all of my retirement savings? Sacred Thistle
- Best place to imbibe? Room for Milly (I’m biased, look at the wallpaper) and Middleman.
- And I would be remiss not to mention the Denver Botanic Gardens, just a few blocks away from WallTawk. I love that spot so much!
Leave A Comment