Our hearts are with all of those suffering in anyway during this pandemic. To those who are battling the virus, or have lost loves ones, there are no words to express the devastation felt from the human tragedy. When our people are hurting, our community is hurting. Denver Vibe is striving to come up with creative and positive ways we can make an impact to help those in need. Our city always shows up in the most compassionate ways to pick each other up after a fall, and even during this unprecedented time, we are finding silver linings and moving forward into a new way of life.
We know so many have lost jobs or been furloughed during this time, and we hope this list below might also serve to provide resources that may have been unknown. If you have other local, community resources we can feature on social media through the blog, please contact us! The list below are a few ideas we’ve collected for those who are able to help. Even the smallest contribution helps more than you can imagine.
– If you have the means, consider purchasing gift cards online from your favorite restaurants or ordering to-go.
– Purchase gift cards or pre-pay for your usual appointments that have to be closed such as your chiropractor, massage therapists, nail salons, hair salons, etc.
– Buy from local artists.
– Need a new playlist? Check out https://www.ultra5280.com/music for local artists to purchase or download their tracks!
– Drop off/donate used books to bookstores.
– Donate blankets or warmer clothes to Volunteers of America, Goodwill, or the Salvation Army.
– Check out the Nextdoor App or neighborhood Facebook pages to see how your neighbors might need help during this time.
– Offer to walk dogs or feed pets of first responders, doctors, nurses, grocery workers and any other essential positions you know are working around the clock.
– Continue your membership to class-style gyms! Most are offering daily online, live workouts you can do at home. Staying active is crucial to a positive mindset during this time. Check out Kindness Yoga, The River Yoga, BarreCode, Barre Forte, Fierce45, FIT36, Fitness in the City, or download the MindBody App for more virtual classes.